February and March were quite uneventful. Spencer and I had a few bad weather days...only one was really necessary. Of course this is coming from a Mid West Girl. Tony traveled a lot during the two months. Spencer did receive an award at school for perfect attendance. Tony's Trans Am is now parked in our garage and ready to go. We are looking for a new car for me. It's between another Escape or a new Explorer. Tony and Spencer had a campout in out back yard. Too bad for me that the tent wasn't big enough for 3. They didn't make it all night I guess the tent wasn't very water proof and it was dripping on their heads. I hope everyone has a safe and happy St. Patricks Day.
January
Well another birthday and another anniversary. Tony was actually home to celebrate both of them. It's hard to believe that I am 40 and have been married 8 years. Tony and I were able to go out to dinner and a movie by ourselves. We don't get that opportunity very often. Work is going well for both of us. Tony still travels but it is only for a week or two at a time. Easy to deal with. Spencer is doing well in school.
December
We had a great Christmas this year. Tony was home and will be home for a while. He still has to travel some for his job but it is usually only for a week or two. Spencer opened all his presents in a matter of minutes. He really enjoyed Christmas this year. Santa even brought him what he wanted.
May thru November
We had a fun summer. We went to SeaWorld then to my Uncle Kim's for the annual family reunion. From there we went to Tony's sister's house in Georgia. We had a great time visiting everyone. When we returned home we decided it was time to grant Spencer his wish and got him a dog/puppy. Clover is a black lab/mix. She is very good natured and a bit on the hyper side. Hopefully she will calm down with age. Mom and Dad came for a visit in August, we had a nice relaxing time with them. School started and Tony went back to work with his new unit which trains National Guard pilots. He won't have to deploy, but he will have to travel a bit. I started my new position as the PPCD inclusion teacher. Mostly I work with Kindergarten and Pre-K special needs kids. I love it. Spencer is in Kindergarten this year. He is learning how to read and continues to enjoy all sorts of activities. He tried soccer and likes it, he is also in Taekwando and is liking that too. He turned 6 this year and some days acts so grown up. Spencer still loves to snuggle though and I am milking it for everything. We staying home for Thanksgiving this year and plan the same for Christmas.
February thru April
Well a lot has happened these past few months. Tony was honored by 1st Caverly Division for getting 2000 combat hours in flight. Spencer started Tee Ball again. I am diligently working as a Resource Room teacher. We had a nice Easter with friends from Tony's unit who also live in the neighborhoos. Tony finally came home in April. The volcano exploding in Iceland delayed it a little bit. Work has kept me busy and tired, which is why I haven't updated the blog as much as I would like to.
December/January Happenings
We had a wonderful Christmas. Tony was able to get his R&R during that time and we were able to spend Christmas as a family. Unfortunately he had to go back to Iraq just before New Year's. I have transferred Spencer to the school that I work at. He has adjusted very well and settled in quickly. I stop and see him at lunch time and I think he really loves that. Work is going well for me, busy as ever though. It makes the days go by faster. Tony and I had another anniversary, 7 years, doesn't seem like it. I had another birthday...29...again...lol
1 comment:
I love the picnic!!!!
Post a Comment